Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Return

Inspirational song: The Battle of Evermore (Led Zeppelin)

A day after shocking tragedy, life goes on. On the way home from a good dermatology visit (skin check -- all clear), I went to my local King Soopers. It could have been because it was just a Tuesday morning, but the parking lot felt empty and the store felt quiet and the people inside introspective. Maybe it was just me.

I needed my family a little closer today. I invited the girls over for breakfast, and I picked them up on the way home from King Soopers. We made blueberry pancakes and let the silliness of that baby cheer us up. It worked. She is magic. Combine her with her giant puppy, and the evils of the world melt away. I am refreshed.

Tonight was supposed to be the final installment in the Lord of the Rings viewing next door. But T bought the extended editions of the trilogy, and we watched disc one of The Return of the King. He loaded the second disc, and paused it to see how much movie was left to go. He thought it would be at most an hour and a half. I imagined it would be maybe 45 minutes. We were both wrong. It was 2 hours 15 minutes. So we called it a night, and will finish some other time. And then we tried to imagine sitting in a theater for a four hour movie. Maybe I could have handled that in my teen years. Not a chance I could do that now.

No comments:

Post a Comment