Thursday, July 15, 2021

All I Got

Inspirational song: Creep (Radiohead)

I'm going to owe a lot of people a lot of apologies next Tuesday. I had promised I was going to go to our first Rotary social in a zillion months, which was also our changing of the guard party, and I didn't go. I really thought I could make it, and had every intention of doing it. Then I went with the Mr to meet one of our oldest friends for coffee in Boulder (and did too much walking for my own good), followed by a long drive up to Fort Collins to the only Costco that has one item I really needed and apparently doesn't stock three or four others I also needed. That last part also included way too much walking and more importantly too much sun. I felt absolutely wretched by the time we got home, and I spent the rest of the evening trying not to add an emotional breakdown to my physical depletion. Sprinkle a generous portion of guilt for missing the party to honor my friend taking over as club president for the year, and my wretchedness is complete. I'm just sitting here past bedtime, trying to decide whether what I'm feeling is anxiety or heartburn (or both), wishing I had more peppy and hopeful things to write about. I guess the best thing to do now is stop and see whether I was sent any good photos I can steal and share.

No comments:

Post a Comment