Friday, July 9, 2021

Big Girl Bed

Inspirational song: Mr Roboto (Styx)

The agonizing wait is over. This afternoon the bed frame finally arrived. The box it was in was surprisingly flat and narrow. I was very concerned that it wouldn't work out to the bed I thought I was buying. I needn't have worried. I apparently am not as creative as a factory person trying to find the cheapest way to ship a whole lot of products. It was all there, in more pieces than I imagined.

I sat down on the floor to open the box, and that was all my tired body was prepared to do. Luckily the man came in to play with our new toy, and he did 95% of the assembly. By the time I worked myself up off the floor, he was almost to the point of letting me plop in the crossbar supports. I did take over and put on all the bedclothes. I got a little ahead of myself and put on the sheets and duvet cover before washing them, but I will remedy that before I have my first overnight guest. 

I have a few more challenges to address in that room, such as what to do with the screen and antique window I had stored in there before. (Have a design idea for the window, finally, but will need help to make it work.) I unpacked a big box of family photos, so I will be making an ancestor wall next. And the storage baskets I had under the old bed are not going to fit under this one, so I need to do a little container shopping this weekend. For now, I am very happy with the bed, and hope that it gets lots of use with overnight guests and napping grandbabies. The old daybed is no more.

No comments:

Post a Comment