Saturday, July 3, 2021

Bright Spots

Inspirational song: Song for Sam Cooke (Here In America) (Dion)

It is likely that even by my lax and forgiving standards, this day would have been a total waste. I did so few of the tasks I set out for myself, and I just couldn't draw up the desire to care. Over the next month and a half, there will be a lot of days that pass this way, as this round of cancer is hitting me harder than the last. I'm just flat out tired all the time. Finding new things to write about will be my challenge.

However, there were some saving graces. When I needed a nap, my puppy was in a protective mood, and she lay down face to face with me, alternatively sleeping along with me and pulling my hand with her teeth to gain head skritches. Eventually I worked up enough of a head of steam to go to the grocery store, and I made a detour on the way home to snuggle my grandbaby. What a luxury this is, to live so close to the only grandchild that I can drop in for five minutes, on the flimsy excuse that I wanted a hug from the prettiest girl in town.

I will continue my mission to decompress every night with this writing exercise, but boy, will it feel repetitive during this down time. I'll do my best to switch it up as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment