Friday, July 30, 2021

Colorado

Inspirational song: Daniel (Elton John)

I'm slowly sinking into my chair, listening to the constant rumble of thunderstorms swirling all around us, but barely skimming my house. It might occur to me to whine about the lack of raindrops on my yard, but I'm just so danged happy the heat broke that I can't be bothered to register a complaint. In the span of about thirty minutes this evening, the wind kicked up and brought the temps down by twenty degrees. It has been glorious ever since. This is what us old people call "sleeping weather."

My brother is visiting for the first time since we moved home to Colorado. It's ironic, see, on account of it was only because he lived in Denver when I was in high school that I chose the University of Colorado in the first place. I would never have come here without family somewhat nearby. So far today we have been taking it easy. He has been down in Commerce City with a friend, helping out with some remodeling work, while it was freaky hot. It's much better to be sitting around in the cool air, eating good Mexican food. This is much closer to the Colorado he remembers. Saoirse met him and thinks he is pretty cool. Tomorrow we get to see how Valerie reacts to her great-uncle.

I started this day with a 90 minute massage, and ended it with a margarita and too many enchiladas. Thank goodness my brother and I don't feel obligated like it was still the 1980s. Not like I could keep up with him even then. Not a chance now. Maybe it is time to test that sleeping weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment