Friday, July 16, 2021

Choices

Inspirational song: I Love My Dog (Cat Stevens)

When we travel in a few weeks, to attend the neighbor's Vegas wedding, I'm pretty sure this will be my first trip leaving my puppy behind. I can't think of a single night I've spent away from her since I got her. Am I wrong? Am I missing a trip I took that I've completely forgotten? I don't think so. I've asked my dog-sitter to sleep here, so catastrophic naughtiness does not occur, but even with that caution, I can't imagine how she will react without either of her parents for a weekend. She's used to the Mr taking Murray up to the mountain on overnights, and she gets giddy when he pulls up in front of the house. Not sure how she will take to Murray staying and me going next time.

I let another day get mostly away from me. I did only the easiest of tasks, like putting two different deep conditioning treatments on my hair (but not seeing the springy curls I expected from the combo). I sorted out and filled two new underbed storage bins, and put several cubic feet more clothes out to donate. I will take the small w on that one.

While I stayed home with goo on my hair, the Mr took his old high school friend and the friend's dad up in one of the planes he has been training in, to celebrate the dad's birthday. I think the guys had a good time. Then the Mr and our friend went 4-wheeling all over the mountains in Boulder County. The girls and I received photos and videos that made me very comfortable with my choice to stay home. While they were slinging mud and bouncing around, I was cuddling with my favorite baby, and even briefly swimming in a chilly pool with her. I didn't need to take risks and burn a whole lot of extra petrol to make my day complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment