Tuesday, July 20, 2021

My Favorite Mermaid

Inspirational song: Hot Child in the City (Nick Gilder)

While much of the northern hemisphere is experiencing heat more in excess of summer averages than we are, it was still hot enough here to be bleeping uncomfortable. I was glad to have reasons to be places where the air conditioning was running. I'm still being too cheap to drag out my portable a/c. The attic fan is sufficient for most days. As long as it gets down to the low 60s overnight, I'll be fine. It does get me sort of melty in the afternoons though.

We were invited to go cool off in Valerie's pool with her late this afternoon. While I did go visit, I wasn't in a mood to get wet or haul myself over the pool ladder that doesn't play nice with my old and busted hip flexors. I sat outside and chatted with the water baby. Grandpa showed up a little after I did, and he was all over swimming with the girls. My massage therapist has alerted me to a baby swim program that teaches little-littles how to hold their breath in water and do some basic swimming theory in short ten minute bursts. I want to enroll our baby in these classes, but my schedule for the next quarter is packed with stuff that would preclude me carrying her, or even lifting her in and out of the car. Maybe her parents can work it into their schedules.

She started getting cranky in the pool, and her mother and I both missed the signs. Mr S-P caught it, that she was hungry and thirsty. She sat in my lap and drained a bottle of milk. So much for me not wanting to get wet. She soaked my clothes, right before I needed to go home. It was fun walking to my car looking like I had peed. Wait, "fun" is not the word I'm looking for...

No comments:

Post a Comment