Saturday, July 31, 2021

Family Time

Inspirational song: Miss Prince (Hey Steve)

We have come to an understanding, after all these decades. My brother likes jam bands best, and some other fun, funky music, which I like in small doses. I tried to play some of my favorite Marillion song for him tonight, and he gave it the old college try. He really did. But he said he figured it out. He has listened to what my Spotify was churning out, and the stuff I like boils down to show tunes. I was listening to actual show tunes like Hamilton and Sweeney Todd earlier, but he decided even my other preferences sounded like it to him. Sure, prog rock is markedly, ah, theatric, but not all of it, right? It's possible in our wild youth, we might have argued over our differences. Now, we both shrugged and said to each his own. Sometimes maturity is handy.

This visit has been fun, but I have to say I appreciate that we are taking things at my speed. We have done dinners out, and had plenty of sitting-around-scrolling-on-phones time. Other than making my fabulous grain-free crepes for brunch, I haven't had to expend much energy. Not that I had much to throw around even if I wanted to. This wasn't the kind of vacation where we had to walk all around an amusement park and then head to a concert venue. I used to attempt those, but wow, I don't want to anymore. I showed off my two one-year-old girls to my brother, and I was somewhat active playing with the puppy and the baby, but in a seated position. 

I have to take my brother back to Denver tomorrow morning. It wasn't a long visit, but I think we got some quality bonding in. There is a good chance he will get to come back this fall. I'll be looking forward to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment