Sunday, July 25, 2021

Tubes

Inspirational song: Jurassic Park Theme (John Williams)

This little piggy stayed home. This little piggy often does that. This was even from an outing I would have loved to attend, if it hadn't been hot and sunny and I hadn't already been tired and sore. Mr S-P, our neighbors, and a friend of theirs (who has the sweetest dog named Moon) all went down to the river, where the city built recreational ponds for swimming and tubing, as part of their remediation after the big 2013 flood. I've wanted to go play down there for years, but I have yet to make it. Today was not the day to go wear myself out in the sun. Maybe some other day. It looks like fun.

We are on the cusp of another heat wave. It's time to cave in and use air conditioning this week. I'll have that baby over here several days, and neither of us needs to be hot and wilty. There is no part if me looking forward to days of stifling heat.

I'm starting to get really nervous about our upcoming trip. Three months ago, it seemed safe enough. But with the delta variant, breakthrough cases, and the general unpleasantness of Nevada in August, I'm feeling more than a little stress over what is possibly waiting for us in two weeks. Maybe I should have gone to relax in the tubing ponds when I had the chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment