Monday, July 5, 2021

Handful

Inspirational song: Most Toys (Marillion)

The Big Galoot has noticed that she isn't getting as much attention as when we were going to puppy school every week. She is becoming quite a handful. She sits at the front window and barks at everything she sees, whether it's humans, other dogs, cars, or, I don't know, leaves? She has matured enough that her bark is now a deep, roaring woof, so I suppose she is an excellent deterrent against home invaders. When she is outside in the back, she goes over and puts her front paws on the short garden fence and barks non-stop like she is reading the news for every dog on the block. (She's on repeat, so does that make her DNN Headline News?) She gets brought inside a lot.

She went through a stage a couple of months ago where she didn't seem to need much chewing, but now she has regressed and is tearing up everything she can get her mouth on. We have lost a half dozen dog and cat toys in the last week alone, plus she found another of the Mr's shoes. She and I went to Petsmart for an outing this afternoon, because she needed one badly. I bought crickets for my lizard while I was there, and let her pick out some dog toys. I selected two, one with multiple squeakies and another with knotted rope "bones" instead of polyfil, and she chose a rope toy with hooves as ornaments. Of all of them, she likes her choice best, and has spent all evening showing me how quickly she can eat a pair of hooves. They will be gone before morning.

We peeked at kittens at Petsmart. There were three babies, including one who looks just like Harvey did at three months, and two adult black cats. I have no vacancies here, but boy, they were cute.

Also, when Saoirse got chased off from barking out the screen door, she ran into a plant stand and destroyed a selection of small succulents. So I got that going for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment