Saturday, September 4, 2021

A Pickle

Inspirational song: Amsterdam (Gregory Alan Isakov)

I can no longer tell the difference between profound exhaustion and profound relief. Whatever this is, I'm melting into my chair, and I can barely keep my eyes open. I did do a lot of running around today, particularly at big stores like Costco and Walmart. But I also made the call to DirecTV and kindly but firmly told them our relationship was over. I ended up getting a Roku box to use to stream all my stuff on the TV, rather than upgrading the set itself. I'm now too tired to set it up. I have plenty of time to do it later. All I have to do now is sit back and enjoy my 80 (ish) dollar a month savings.

The kids needed a little construction help, by which I mean they wanted grandpa to come over with his circular saw and help create a new counter in their coffee bar area. I tried to both entertain the baby and avoid picking up same baby. I think I succeeded this time. I learned that she has a favorite musician on YouTube, and she is very particular about which videos she wants to watch. All the signs are there for her to have potential as a serious musician. There is not a one of us disappointed by this promise. Until tonight, I had never seen her focus so hard on any television other than the opening music to Deep Space Nine and Voyager. I took three photos in a row, and she barely flicked her eyes at me to acknowledge I was pointing a camera at her.

We also learned today that she really likes pickles. She has attempted to say the word pickle, but it sounds more like "beepo." Good enough for now. Have another pickle, kiddo.

No comments:

Post a Comment