Sunday, September 5, 2021

All Around Me

Inspirational song: Don't Stop Me Now (Queen)

This time I really did stay completely still. I didn't do dishes or pick up the baby or wrestle the dog. The most strenuous thing I did was unplug the DirecTV box and plug in the Roku in its place. I hope this puts me back on an even keel for healing large chunks of flesh in my chest. It was boring as snot until I decided to watch Shaun of the Dead while playing games on the same screen. (I'm digging the Sling app, I really am.)

Mr S-P went up the mountain today. His mission was to swap out some of the leftover big solar panels that didn't end up on the house for his tiny Harbor Freight ones that until now had been providing just enough juice to recharge his phone and drill batteries. He brought down the five surviving small panels and will give them away to folks he knows with RVs. The two big ones more than doubled his available electricity on the hill. I don't envy him having to cart those things up and down, though.

My daughter has always loved going to Creekfest in Boulder, which falls on the long holidays that bracket summer. I've gone with her once or twice, but I never enjoyed standing around festivals in the sun. It appears the baby enjoyed her time there. Maybe she will pick up her mommy's fondness for the sounds, smells, and colors of these sorts of events. She definitely liked splashing in the cold creek, and eating festival foods with mom. What a personality this baby is developing. I hope she is retaining memories too.

No comments:

Post a Comment