Wednesday, September 22, 2021

Oh No

Inspirational song: Born For Adventure (Styx)

The equinox is upon us! Autumn is here! Let us all breathe a sigh of relief. It is now soup weather. Light jacket weather. Rib knit tops in olive and plum and mustard tones. Sunset before 7 pm. Fall menu at coffee shops. This is my time of year.

I played with the baby this morning, while mommy was at work and daddy tried to claw back out of a sleep deficit. We watched Tangled and played with blocks, books, and grandma's iPad. Her personality is blossoming as her brain is connecting her whole neural network at once. That baby is s-m-a-r-t smart. I have so much fun watching her grow and learn. When mommy got off work at noon, we went downtown and ate sandwiches at the gluten-free bakery. I've decided I like the outdoor seating, taking over parking places outside of the restaurants along Main. I hope it stays, even after the pandemic, whenever that will be.

After lunch, I went down and got the okay from the plastic surgeon to move on to radiation. I called the cancer clinic and gave them the news, but I'm not scheduled yet. I expect them to jump on it, though. I'll be surprised if I haven't started by Monday.

Tonight was our game night, the first time we were all present and able to play our role-playing campaign (Pathfinder) in weeks. One of our close friends who plays in the other campaigns decided to join this one, and his character showed up tonight. It was epic, in nerdy game terms. We were in the middle of a boss fight, and I in particular was struggling, when a crackling electric beam appeared, and a synthetic humanoid walked out of it. He was shimmering, fit into the "uncanny valley" of being human-like but too close to be comfortable, and if our characters had ever seen Terminator 2, we would have known what he was. He introduced himself, and said his "designation is zero H dash N zero." His name is literally 0H-N0. We literally scream-laughed. For the rest of the night, at random moments, different players would suddenly chuckle and under our breath, say "oh no." This is going to get absurd quickly. I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment