Wednesday, September 29, 2021

Pumpkinhead

Inspirational song: All Night Long (Lionel Ritchie)

Halfway through each week during treatment, I check in with the radiation oncologist to make sure nothing is amiss. I showed her how the skin is already turning pink, and reported how I periodically have stingy uncomfortable feelings. She didn't think it was a sunburn, but possibly the beginning of cellulitis. I also discussed the potential UTI that has been making me miserable since the weekend, and admitted I didn't have the mental energy to make a new appointment with the GP. We spent a fair amount of time (well, I would say "unfair") hunting down an antibiotic that I'm not allergic to, that works for both things. Even with all that, I have to drop one of my regular medications for a week, to avoid an interaction. Ugh. Why can't this be easy?

I stopped in to play with the baby on the way home. I stayed there until I got tired and needed to go rest. Listening to that little girl giggle is addictive. As it was Wednesday night, we all met up again next door, to play games and be obnoxious. I wasn't up for the elaborate game, but I had a great time snuggling the baby, until she had to leave for toddler bedtime.

For the record, one of the morning pictures is of Valerie watching the Lonely Goatherd on YouTube. She really likes it. So far this pleases us who idolize Julie Andrews.

No comments:

Post a Comment