Tuesday, September 28, 2021

Take Two

Inspirational song: Amarillo By Morning (George Strait)

First, a correction: I was wrong about the positioning of the machine. First zap does not come from straight above me. As I'm looking up, it's coming at me from my 10 o'clock. The second zap comes kind of from my 4 o'clock. And then it's done. I spent more time sitting in the waiting area, getting hypnotized by staring at the dot pattern on the gown (because my phone was in the locker with my purse), than I did on the table in the radiation room.

After all of two doses, I'm still handling it well. I get a little stinging sensation randomly through the day, and the breast is starting to turn pink. Energy levels were better today. After the treatment, I drove through the car wash and vacuumed the dog hair out of the upholstery, then went to pick up my friend, and we went to Rotary together. Afterwards, we went to Sally Beauty for manicure stuff (I tried dip nails--I'll write about that some other time) and Michael's where we failed to get the very specific Halloween costume stuff we needed. The girls came over in the afternoon, so I could hear the new syllables Valerie is working on. Other than feeling oddly on edge, things seem like they are on track.

I chatted with one of the retired doctors at Rotary, about the teams of medical professionals I have at my disposal. I said how fortunate I was to have them, and he said if he is ever diagnosed with cancer, he would feel thoroughly confident staying right here in town for any treatment. I am a five minute drive from people I can and do trust with my health and life. Never think I take that for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment