Sunday, September 26, 2021

Rest Up

Inspirational song: The Man Who Sold the World (David Bowie)

The song tonight has turned into an instant earworm for me. The Mr wandered off in the direction of bed, while I stayed in the living room. From a distance, I heard his phone play a video that I believe was from the Nirvana unplugged show. I didn't pay close attention, or so I thought. Later, in silence (or rather, in the ring of my tinnitus and the soft rumble of a passing train a few blocks away), I deliberated what should be my song, and why is Man Who Sold the World stuck in my head? I'm just proud of myself for figuring out why. 

I felt much better today versus yesterday. It's all relative, for sure. I didn't run marathons or anything crazy. But I cleaned house, dyed my roots to match the rest of my red hair, and sang along with Hamilton while I made mango chicken for dinner. This is much better than having a stomachache and not having energy to shower.

Radiation starts in the morning. It shouldn't be too bad for the first week, but I expect to be sleeping a lot by next weekend. Maybe my best course of action is to go now and practice. I'm sure Saoirse would appreciate that.

No comments:

Post a Comment