Friday, September 24, 2021

Ready

Inspirational song: Script for a Jester's Tear (Marillion)

So here I am once more. On Monday I'm gonna party like it's 2019. September 2019, even. They had me come in to make sure my position on the actual radiation table matches perfectly with how I lay on the CT scan table last week. It ought to go pretty fast, both the entire run of 16 doses, and each individual daily dose. They run a tight ship in 15-minute appointments, so I have to be punctual. I forgot to ask about whether I can use my scar ointments first thing in the morning, or do I wait until I get home to slather Aquaphor all over myself. 

I don't have any cute new baby pictures for today. I didn't do a whole lot of value. I went to the grocery store for veggies for stew, and walked out of there without the carrots that were my primary target. My brain is just not fully engaged. I did notice a disturbing trend on my way to the store. At the corner of the parking lot, there is an urgent care center that has had a drive-through Covid testing setup since the beginning of this pandemic. For a year, I haven't seen a car in that lot, not once. Last week there were two or three when I went grocery shopping. Today there were nearly a dozen in line, and an equal amount parked, waiting for results. Not a good sign.

No comments:

Post a Comment