Saturday, September 25, 2021

Go Without Me

Inspirational song: Time Out of Mind (Steely Dan)

Thank goodness no one really needed a piece of me this weekend. I was overdue for a plain old, run of the mill crummy day. I'm not sad or angry or anything. I just have a blah tummy and no energy. I didn't need to leave the house, nor did I want to. I stayed in a bathrobe all day. I'm realizing at bedtime that I failed even to brush my teeth yet. (I'll get on that momentarily.)

The boys went to the mountain this morning. I've received some beautiful fall color photos, and some videos of same. Three or four of the videos are of the truck bouncing down the dirt tracks in the high country. It made my surgery site hurt just to watch it. So glad I didn't try to make it this weekend, even if it means I miss peak color.

The kids are watching their friend's cat again, the one who lives a block up the street from me. I got to snuggle my baby and feed her pretzels. She knows where the bubble wands are stored, and she got into them right away. Girl knows what she likes. I appreciate that.

No comments:

Post a Comment