Monday, September 6, 2021

Toy Run

Inspirational song: Cabin Fever (Muppet Treasure Island)

There is a certain girl who has just had it with staying confined to her house and yard. No, I am not talking about me. I'm typically quite content with staying home most of the time. I mean this very large and very loud puppy, who keeps flopping around melodramatically around me, and slipping out of the yard at any given opportunity. She wants oouutt.

I took her with me last week to pick up peaches from the Rotary fundraiser, but that was not enough for her. Just this weekend alone, she slipped out through the open garage door and she tried to escape the back gate while her papa was taking out the recycling. So naughty. He came inside and said I ought to take her somewhere, anywhere, just let her ride in the car for a while to stop this bad behavior. It was already my plan, so out we went.

She wanted to stand in her seat with her head out the window while we drove, so we stayed on the slower roads in neighborhoods. It was cooler that way too, with big trees shading us on a hot day. I took a circuitous, back way to Petsmart, so she was surprised when we turned into the parking lot. She was so happy to be there. I was disappointed that for the second time, the dog trainer wasn't there. I sort of ghosted her when I got sick again, and I wanted to explain. I'll try again later. 

We meandered around the store, met some people and other dogs, sniffed everything, and were fascinated by birds fluttering in cases. After I got some crickets, we selected some toys. The shelves were bare in a lot of places, so I asked a woman restocking in the toys section: is this location going to shut down? She assured me no, their sales are actually up a lot. It's just the same supply slowdown that is crippling all sorts of industries. She can barely keep items in stock, just like everyone else.

I will take this as a sign that Saoirse and I should spread it out, make a lot of trips, and only buy one toy at a time, as she rips them up. Now, if you pardon me, I need to pick up the polyfil all over the living room from the last toy she murdered.

No comments:

Post a Comment