Friday, September 17, 2021

Good Look

Inspirational song: Against All Odds (Take a Look At Me Now) (Phil Collins)

I went back in to the radiation oncology center this morning. They needed to map me out, as it were, to make the detailed plan of where and how much to irradiate. It was a quick visit. I just had to lie on the CT table for a few minutes, while the technician looked my chest over, took some photographs ("Don't worry, your face won't be in these," she said, as if that should be my concern), applied marker tape to the scars, and then ran me through a super fast CT scan. They will work on the math from here, while I wait for the surgeon to green light the process. They seemed comfortable with my timeline. I am still assuming it will start a week from Monday, and run until the week after my birthday. (Hey, if anyone talks to my local kids, break it to them gently that this year I'm unlikely to want to cook my own birthday dinner or cake...)

It is really fun on days when the girls are at home, because they are so close to my route back from the hospital that it barely counts as a detour. I dropped in again this morning, for a heavy helping of grandma hugs. Baby was a spider today, climbing all over everything. When I arrived, she was having fun watching a recorded run-through of Minecraft. I played her mommy's favorite Elvis Costello song from when she was two, and then we played the Steve Winwood song Valerie. She kind of enjoyed both of those. We tried the original Frozen movie (she had only seen the second one), and she got bored quickly. I was just sure that every single kid under age seven was automatically glued to Frozen. Maybe she needs a little more maturity to her to catch that bug. Give it time.

No comments:

Post a Comment