Tuesday, September 14, 2021

Hold Please

Inspirational song: Telephone Line (Electric Light Orchestra)

"Current hold time is....less than two hours."

Oh, joy. I just wanted to make a plane reservation with a babe-in-arms. The website contradicted itself in a few places. It was evasive about where to find the phone number that it told me to call in order to do what I wanted. And now, I have been on hold somewhere north of an hour and a half. Traveling with the baby is technically free, if one discounts the cost of my time waiting to provide them her name to add to our tickets.

We aren't traveling for almost three months, but we want to get this done ahead of time, so we can all sit near each other, and to be sure all people get on the same flight (daughter number one is buying her ticket separately). It shouldn't be this much of a hassle. I shouldn't have the time, this far into a call, to write my blog on the phone and not expect to be interrupted.

I had other ideas for topics, but I will save them for later. During the group chat arranging dates for this vacation, I got this photo. The baby looks like she has a thousand yard stare, which is how I'm feeling after a call like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment