Saturday, September 18, 2021

Rural Beauty

Inspirational song: Drift Away (Dobie Gray)

Ah, yes. These are the Buffaloes I have come to know over the last twenty years. I watched on PAC-12 Network, as I had been so pleased to acquire it recently. I turned the game off early in the fourth quarter. And that is the last we shall speak of it.

After a year without them, Rotary socials started up again this summer. I couldn't go to the last one, because it was the day after my surgery. Today I joined the group, albeit a little late because of that thing I tried to watch on TV. One of our Rotarians has a property outside of town with three lakes on it, the largest of which he invites people to use for boating, fishing, and picnicking. The two smaller lakes are family only. We had a potluck and fish fry out there, and at least a couple dozen people brought their families out for some end-of-summer fun. I skipped eating, to be on the safe side, but the Mr had fish and sides, which I encouraged. I don't let anyone bring fish in the house, because I find the smell so off-putting. I was glad to provide an opportunity for him to have it.

The party was actually winding down by the time we arrived, but there was still enough going on that we stayed and chatted for about an hour with friends. The lake is absolutely gorgeous, and the Mr asked the owner whether he might bring the Civil Air Patrol cadets out for a training exercise on the grounds. Apparently boy scout troops often use the place too, so it looks promising. If they get it scheduled, it's close enough I might pop in, to see the lake again.

No comments:

Post a Comment