Monday, May 9, 2022

Aimed to Misbehave

Inspirational song: She Drives Me Crazy (Fine Young Cannibals)

I am not to be trusted in the spring. That is a recognized fact. Any time I leave the house in May, there is a statistical probability that I will encounter a garden center at some point during the trip. It's usually not even accidental. The remorse I demonstrate is short-lived, and might only be for show. 

I had a massage scheduled for late morning, and oh, how I needed it. Between all the gardening, cooking, and indulging in trigger foods, I was sore, bloated, and I swear my spine was so compressed I was riding about two inches shorter. I told the therapist how I was retaining about four pounds of water, and she tapped along the back of my exposed arms and said, "Yeah you are." She could see it clearly as I lay facedown. She could also feel the all the work I had done to dig weeds as she went after my shoulders. She has a magical touch and got a lot of the retained fluid to drain back out, and she loosened up all the rough points that had made me feel awful this morning. I was practically singing when I left there.

Problem was, directly across the street from my massage was a Lowe's, and I knew going in that I'd end up there as soon as my session was over. I announced it to the Mr before I left, so it wouldn't have been a surprise to him even if he didn't already assume I'd go there. I found some awesome stuff while I was wandering around, like a white lavender and a hydrangea cold hardy up to zone 4 (I'm in 5b). I was elated to find both of them. I also loaded up on more pedestrian plants, like a couple packs of snapdragons and some geraniums. 

When I got home, all that body work hit me, and I fell asleep in my chair. I tried several times to wake, and failed until six pm. I know it was the massage that did it to me. It was worth it. I dug deep and found a little bit of energy left. I carried the few vegetables I bought (carrots and red pepper) to the back garden bed to be planted tomorrow. Then I filled three more Terra cotta pots and added a spiky thing to one I planted over the weekend. Most of what I'm growing this year are common plants, but I'm determined to make them look loved and cared for now that my gardening mojo is coming back to me.



No comments:

Post a Comment