Saturday, May 21, 2022

All in the Family

Inspirational song: The Family Madrigal (Encanto)

The kid is making up for lost time. She was slow to tell us how many words she knew, but once she got going, she has made it obvious she was paying attention the whole time. Also, even having raised two highly intelligent young women of my own, I am astounded by how quickly this little person is picking up written language. Some letters she names, some she sounds out, but she is on her way to being a very young reader. I guess this means we have no chance to spell out words we don't want her to hear, like p-a-r-k or i-c-e-c-r-e-a-m.

I bought her a Mirabel doll while we were at Target yesterday, but we only pulled it out of the box when she came over today. I have to say, it is so cool to see her fully entering the doll age. And her focus to watch a movie is so different even from a few months ago. Before nap, she had to watch Encanto (which she asked for by name), and she was glued to it.

She slept like a log, once she did nap. We both did. I am not sharing the picture, because she'll be mad at me until college graduation for it, but she had that "just five more minutes" kind of sleepy face when I tried to wake her to go home. Such a goober.

No comments:

Post a Comment