Saturday, May 7, 2022

Semi-Success

Inspirational song: Chasing Miss Pretty (Fish)

It was time to get serious about shopping for little miss adorable's birthday presents. We had a small window of opportunity this morning, so we took it. Unfortunately, we went to that certain large retailer that also has a garden center, so of course I had to start on that end of the store. The plant selection this morning was okay, but not spectacular. I did get a few flowers, plus a pale blue planter, some Terra cotta pots, and random outdoor items. The cart was nearly full before we even made it to the toy section. We still managed to find a few 2-year old appropriate things that could fit, even if we had to stack pretty high. Sadly, the one thing I'd been intending on getting wasn't there, or at least not in its regular spot. I wanted to replace the big inflatable ball that she popped last week. For the first time since this kid was born, I haven't seen that big stack of balls in the main aisle by toys. Where else do they sell those?

I'm not sure whether we are doing an actual birthday party. I am not in charge of planning. If I'm told to show up, I will. For once, I'm going to just let it happen around me. I will be curious to see whether she is into ripping paper off of presents yet. We may be there.

I only got a little done in the yard today. It was just so hot by the time I got home, and then I had a headache once the sun was on the other side of the house. I did manage to pot up the flowers I bought, some of them anyway. I left a lot of space for more to go in the pot. The three things I put in were pretty plain. It needs more interesting shapes and colors. The porch had gotten messy again, and I am trying to be better about keeping on top of it. It is far from complete. Little bits at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment