Tuesday, May 17, 2022

Big Day

Inspirational song: Get Together (The Youngbloods)

Holy moly, where did this gigantic day come from? It was supposed to just be all about the baby and nothing else. That didn't stay true long. Last night I registered for a real estate CE class, one that was a rather intensive refresher on how appraisals are calculated, and what the market trends are on that score. It was supposed to run from 9 to 1, but by about 12:20, my brain was full. I couldn't focus for the conclusion and Q&A section. There was a lot of valuable information, though, and I'm going to appreciate the spreadsheet formulas the instructor will email to us.

I practically ran out of there at the end, and raced home to pick up grandpa. We had a birthday lunch to attend. We got to the restaurant, and a big girl in a booster seat (not high chair anymore) was happily dipping tortilla chips into salsa. She seems so suddenly grown up. Two years old today, and every day of those two years has been a joy for all of us. We didn't do presents today. We are saving that for when her toddler friends are over tomorrow. I think she doesn't mind.

We did lunch with the family, because we had a surprise dinner with friends. Our best good friend from the air force (which is really saying something, as we knew a lot of cool people), was in Colorado Springs for a conference with his wife. I hadn't seen him in probably 11 years, and had never met the wife in person. Mr S-P has seen them several times in that period, but I wasn't on those trips. It was fantastic to pick back up without missing a beat. Yeah, as always, the guys talked shop non-stop, but I was fine listening for most of it. Near the end I got to chat enthusiastically about real estate with him, so for once it was my area of expertise.

We were over by the Broadmoor for dinner. My brother had gone to school just blocks from the restaurant. I sent him a photo and asked whether he used to go to this English pub, and he laughed and said yes, all the time. It was a fabulous place. Spendy but worth it. Unfortunately halfway through our dinner, a piano player/singer started up, and was so loud we could barely continue our conversation. After dinner, we moved to the hotel lobby, which was more conducive to catching up.

The restaurant was the Golden Bee. There has been such a lovely bee theme to my life over the last month. I don't know why, but I'm rolling with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment