Thursday, May 12, 2022

Sleepover

Inspirational song: Peekaboo (Devo)

I know I said I was looking forward to sleepovers at grandma's house, but when I said that, I always pictured grandpa being home at the same time. Instead, he had to work his college's graduation and I had all the duties to myself. I am wiped out. Holy cow, there is a lot of energy in a baby, and conversely, there is none in a grandma. Don't get me wrong. We had a ton of fun. But my limits were reached hours ago, and I hit sensory overload. Now grandpa is home and trying to get her to power down, and instead she is melting down. This child needs to be asleep.

Sometime later, we can talk about the new words she learned today, the endless games of peekaboo, and how stoked she was to learn about honest-to-goodness bubble bath. We need to get this kid in a dark room, stat.

No comments:

Post a Comment