Friday, May 20, 2022

Late Blast

Inspirational song: Ridin' the Storm Out (REO Speedwagon)

For all that I didn't want to believe the forecasters were right, sure enough they were. It is currently quite chilly outside, and there is heavy, wet snow killing lots of my pretty flowers. I went out once to shake off the trees and bushes, so they weren't bent to the ground, but I got too cold after working on the front yard to go do the back. It's probably going to be pretty bad, come Sunday when it warms back up. I have to hope my perennials recover enough to come back next year.

I delayed bringing in the potted plants, instead watching the change in the hourly forecast. When I could no longer deny it, I brought in what I could carry, and huddled the rest up against the house with a blanket over them. I might bring in more tomorrow, if necessary. It was sort of nice having my whole herb garden right there near the kitchen when I made dinner tonight. Maybe one of those grow light devices for herbs might he worthwhile after all.

We had very little oomph left in us this morning. When it was requested that we grandparent a bit, we picked up the baby and took her for a wander around Target and Lowe's. We didn't really need anything, so of course I spent like a hundred bucks at Target. That's always how it goes. She had so much fun tromping around in her boots, especially when there were puddles to splash in. She did accidentally sit her butt down in the wet side of the Lowe's garden center. Kind of to be expected. It started snowing while we were inside the store, and when we passed an emergency door with a window in the back of the store, we showed her. That little face lit up and she said SNOW! She's a Colorado baby through and through.

No comments:

Post a Comment