Saturday, May 28, 2022

Maintenance

Inspirational song: Will It Go Round In Circles (Billy Preston)

Two week's worth of gardening and hauling was squeezed out of me today. I haven't seen my regular massage therapist in months, instead getting a few visits with an alternate, equally talented but very different therapist. Today I caught up with my regular guy. He knows just how to bully my shoulders into behaving properly, and after 90 minutes with him, my feet work as directed too. 

I was afraid of ruining all his hard work by sitting back down on the ground to rip out more weedy turf when I got home. Instead, I pulled over a (heavy) chair and worked from a place I knew I could stand up from when the time came. I never actually scooted the chair left or right, so it didn't seem like I did that much, but I was thorough, so a yard-wide section is nicely clean, ready for mulch. Whenever that happens, obviously. I don't know how this is going to work if I'm the only one doing it. I hope Mr Juggle-16-Projects-At-Once swings back around to help some.

Things are starting to fill in up front. The perennials are taking off, and the pots are still looking strong. I went looking for a replacement for one coleus that didn't thrive in a hanging basket. I wanted a verbena. The only ones I found at the Lowe's across from my massage were either a giant basket of multiple colors, or a mostly dead mix on clearance (and still 25 bucks!) I'll wait until after the holiday, and hope that I can get a parking place at the best nursery in town. It will be a gaggle all weekend, and I don't want to fight that. The struggling coleus gets three days to prove it wants to be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment