Sunday, October 2, 2022

Almost Done

Inspirational song: One Way or Another (Blondie)

Girls weekend is nearly over. We didn't get to all of the activities we planned, but we still had lots of time to reconnect. I didn't quite have the stamina to get to everything, with my necessary naps cutting out chunks of time here and there. I'm still very glad I took the opportunity to come up to visit.

After lunch today, we corrected a gap in my pop culture knowledge. I had never seen Hocus Pocus, in the almost 30 years it has been out. There was never intention behind the failure to watch, just oversight. I suppose my kids were too young when it came out, and I never made time for it. It was cute. Not a flawless film, but funny in parts and painfully 90s in parts. Then we watched the sequel which premiered this weekend. Special effects and story development have changed a lot since the first. My friend had a strong preference for the first, but I think I enjoyed the second one a little more. Between the two, we had a pleasant few hours of escapism.

I head home early in the morning. I have been considering taking a different route back. These friends have bought some acreage in Wyoming, and they suggest I drive by and look at it. Honestly, they suggested we buy nearby parcels, so we can all build houses near each other. I don't think we have that sort of disposable income right now, but I'll drive by all the same, if it doesn't add too much time going that way. That way, I can measure how much closer they'll be to where I live now, so we can visit much more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment