Tuesday, October 18, 2022

Short

Inspirational song: I Can't Drive 55 (Sammy Hagar)

Come to think of it, you know who did not contact me yesterday on my birthday? AARP. I find myself disappointed. I've been slighted. Now, I haven't checked the spam filters on all of my email accounts, but c'mon, man! I'm prime demographic now.

This morning was my second bone density scan. First was right after I started taking long-term oral cancer meds. The papers I had to fill out asked for my tallest height and current height on separate lines. I wasn't sure whether the measurements from the last few years were accurate, or was I reading shorter because I was hunched forward, unconsciously protecting the part of my body that was causing me drama. We measured today, and sure enough, I'm now down 3/4 of an inch. Well. It's going faster than I expected.

I always disliked being a tallish woman. When I was young and dating, I would be self-conscious when my partners were close in height to me, and I really felt weird when I went out with the short guy who wore the Chip the mascot costume (or maybe Chip was his roommate--it's a blur), because I towered over him by a whole inch. As I got older and my weight went up, being tall and curvy around thinner, shorter women made me feel even worse. So if this means I can feel even slightly dainty again, who needs strong bones? (I know, I know. It's sarcasm.)

Think happy thoughts. Athena has a vet visit Wednesday afternoon. I'm reasonably sure she will be fine. But pray for the techs and doctor who have to try and touch the Spiciest Kitty in the West. She is the ghost pepper of cats who do not want to be touched.


No comments:

Post a Comment