Monday, October 17, 2022

Enjoy It Now

Inspirational song: Seasons in the Sun (Terry Jacks)

More than halfway through October now, and the flowers out front are still going strong. I can't believe how well they are doing. In many years past I ran out of stamina in July, and let my flowers bake and dry out in the sun. This year we were more disciplined with water, more consistent, and I made more of an effort to provide plant food. It wasn't easy, but we did it. Alas, this is probably the last week for them, regardless. The weather has been beautiful, but we have hit the time when we get our first frost watches overnight, and this Sunday the weather is really supposed to turn. I just looked at the forecast, and for the first time in months, the little snowflake icon was present, for next Monday. Lots could change between now and then, but I'm so ready for the seasonal coolness.

I had a quiet birthday, my favorite kind. I don't need big parties anymore. I used to try to go to events, but here I just learned that the Who were playing in Denver tonight, and I was only barely wistful for the idea of seeing my favorite band from high school. Didn't feel the need to drop hundreds of dollars on last minute tickets. Instead, I had a glorious massage (he did serious stretching work on me today and now I'm a wet noodle), and I followed a whim to make chicken fried steak for dinner at home. I'm happier this way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment