Thursday, October 13, 2022

I Saw That

Inspirational song: Let's Get It On (Marvin Gaye)

The TV was on a lot longer today than it usually is. The congressional hearings wrapped up (we assume) today, so I turned it on in the morning and just left it going. Yesterday wore me out, so I considered it an excuse to lie in bed and not move much. I saw a whole lot more ads than normal. I expected a super soaker of political ads to the face, which I got. Oddly, at the end of the day, when I had switched to local news, I saw what I didn't expect in mid-October. There were two very obviously Christmas-themed ads. Normally I'm not the guy screaming about it being too soon once the weather gets cold, but really? We are already there?

If I hadn't committed to picking up our get-out-the-vote literature by six this evening, I might actually still be in last night's jammies. I didn't want to do anything productive. With a half hour left before my deadline, I got a shower and headed over to the house of the volunteer who always coordinates this effort. They didn't just have door-hangers for reminding people dates and deadlines. There was also a large selection of yard signs for every candidate in the area. In conversation with the volunteer coordinator, she told me city ordinance limits us to two, but they don't have the manpower to mandate compliance with that. Still, I am not interested in putting signs all over the yard, so I just picked two. I think I'll pull out that last skeletal sunflower from the big flower mound and put them up tomorrow.

Got fun plans for the morning. I expect to have some neat photos for tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment