Tuesday, October 11, 2022

The Load-Out

Inspirational song: The Weight (The Band)

For the month of October, our local Texas Roadhouse has committed to giving a portion of its proceeds to Roberta's Legacy, the local breast cancer charity I admire and want to support. They emailed flyers for specific days when 10% of meal profits go to RL, and when we went tonight, over our booth I noticed a card promising all profits of themed t-shirt sales would go to them too.

We invited the neighbors to go with us on short notice, and it turned into a perfectly silly adventure. Very pregnant neighbor A ordered mashed potatoes to be both loaded and with gravy. When the food arrived, the server realized the kitchen had forgotten the "load," and specifically referred to it that way when she went back to retrieve it. When she came back with a little bowl full of cheese, butter, and bacon bits, announcing "here is your load," not one of us could contain ourselves. We giggled like middle school kids the whole night about it, and the server was very much in on the joke.

Is Texas Roadhouse a very gluten safe place for me to eat? Nope. Did I go ahead and eat there anyway? Of course. Have I spent hours ever since feeling the effects? You betcha. I don't think I would have changed a thing, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment