Tuesday, October 25, 2022

Improvement

Inspirational song: Black Velvet (Alannah Myles)

It has been a week since I took Athena in to the vet, where the tech delivered on her promise that the shave would be sloppy and choppy. She warned me that she wasn't skilled at grooming, and Athena didn't make her job any easier. After a week, soft, short hair has grown back everywhere except where Athena licks at hot spots, so most of her back and butt feels like velvet. In all this time, she has had the worst time getting comfortable. I can't imagine what they all went through trying to get a urine sample. She must have been cathertized, and she still acts bruised from the ordeal. For the first 48 hours, she didn't sleep at all, twitching and jumping and hissing at her own butt. She has needed all the extra cuddles this week, but she finally appears to be getting rest.

Someone very close to me is having an important surgery in the morning. I have not been cleared to talk about it, especially not in ways that would identify them. I just want you all to put out some positive thoughts for them. They would appreciate the good energy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment