Thursday, October 6, 2022

Brain

Inspirational song: Should I Stay or Should I Go (The Clash)

Oh, right. Write. I was so close to turning in for the night, without putting in my closing words for the day. It's the first Thursday of the month, which means I went to Fort Collins for our sales meeting. So it follows that I spent the rest of the day wiped out. What is it about this drive? It makes no sense to me that I am always sleepy and brain dead after the trip.

We spent our whole meeting brainstorming what to do now that the housing market is facing dramatic market forces (in particular, the rapidly rising interest rates). One of the effects the boss suggested we would see was realtors getting out of the business in droves. I admitted that I had been questioning my career choices every time the Fed pushed interest rates higher. It would be easier to stick around in this business if I could see a few more clients come along per year. We shall see what happens.

My dinner guests were entertaining. A smarty-pants little girl showed off how incredibly fast she absorbs knowledge, and how easily she can turn around and apply it. A bright-eyed young man proved he can charm the world around him, especially when it comes to bonding with his sister. 

No comments:

Post a Comment