Wednesday, October 5, 2022

Just Watching

Inspirational song: In-A-Gadda-Da-Vita (Iron Butterfly)

Everyone except the core oldest three friends called out of game night. So rather than have our old college roomy drive all the way out to our house, we met up at an establishment where we could have food and beverages brought to us, while we visited. As a special treat, our neighbor dropped in long enough to have a single beer, and play a few rounds of cribbage. He ducked out again to get ready for an early morning flight, and now I'm watching the guys play cribbage just the two of them. I could never count just how many hands of cards I've seen them play over the years. Trust me when I say I'm smart enough never to get in the middle of it, even when I know the game they are playing. They go for the jugular, and as long as they are civil, I will stick around. When they got brutal back in the day, I would split.

While I would have been perfectly happy hosting game night, as I have many times before, I was okay with going elsewhere tonight. It was lovely to be able to relax and go nowhere most of the day. I love days off. I'm re-centered and rested. How perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment