Thursday, October 27, 2022

Fancy Pants

Inspirational song: Looking for Trade (Shock Treatment)

So you know that role-playing game where my character is my own grandfather, transported back in time to ancient Gaul? We played that campaign tonight, and the entire session was us bartering with a blacksmith (who is supposed to be one of the player characters, but that guy keeps having scheduling conflicts, so the game master played him), trying to figure out how we could get goods and equipment, and maybe some clothes to blend in a little better. So there I was, a dentist from 1974, bartering with a pair of blue plaid Sansabelt pants, and being told they were so fine, that maybe the smith couldn't find customers who could afford such luxury. Ah, Dacron. You fancy fiber.

I completed my part of Valerie's Halloween costume, and left it with the kids. I have the basic structure done for Dmitri's, and I took it with me tonight to try it on for size before completing it. It's a little loose around, but the right length, I think. The arms were snug when we put it on him, but we did pull it over the sleeper he was already wearing. So take it in and let it out, then appliqué the details. Shouldn't be too hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment