Tuesday, December 12, 2023

All in the Family

Inspirational song: Happy Holiday (Andy Williams)

It took a fair bit, but I think we have all settled down after our taxing day of travel. We are staying in an AirBNB across from my parents house, and all of us on this side of the street slept until our bodies said it was regular wake up time. As we live in a time zone that is two hours different than here, that meant we weren't showered and dressed and across the street until around 10:30. Honestly, I was impressed we got organized that quickly.

This week is supposed to be low key. We are hanging out at the house for most of it. Might do a golf cart tour of this particular Village, might do a special dinner on Friday. (By special, I mean it was suggested that maybe we could cook instead of my stepmom, and my older daughter and I got enthusiastic about the idea.)

Several of us needed long naps this afternoon. I conked out for at least an hour and a half (with some restlessness once I finally let my body lie down). While I was out, the babies got to go on a nature walk, where they got to see an alligator, or at least the top of one's head. By the time I went back over, Valerie was out cold on the couch, and Dmitri soon followed. They had to be jostled awake to have dinner. We spent the next few hours just sitting and chatting, the whole family, interspersed with things on TV for the kids and for us. (Naturally, we showed some of our favorite Bluey episodes to the rest who hadn't seen it yet.)

Now that we are adjusted, we might be a bit more active tomorrow, but even if we aren't, we are here just to be together. We don't need outside entertainment. Just each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment