Wednesday, December 6, 2023

We Thought of Some Nice Games to Play

Inspirational song: Cousin Kevin (Paul Nicholas)

I'm off the bad girl list. I checked in with my oncology clinic, for the first time in a year, gave them a few drops of blood, and got a renewal of my prescription. They didn't even yell at me for letting the months fly by. They promised and crossed their heart that when I'm due for my next checkup in six months, that they will call me to make the appointment, not wait around for me to pick up a phone.

After months of trying different fixes, even with a technician visit, we still didn't have a working washer. The whole household was frustrated and annoyed at our lack of progress. Today a new technician came by, and this guy had years of experience being a dedicated Samsung repairman. He found the actual problem, and provided two potential solutions, one an expensive replacement of the entire wiring harness and the other a workaround that Mr S-P could accomplish with what we had on hand. I referred to the latter solution as "hot-wiring" it like a stolen car. Don't laugh. It totally worked. As a bonus the guy told us how to prevent the Samsung refrigerator from freezing up again. So here I am now, after a year of cascading appliance failures, having run dishes in the dishwasher this morning, baked brownies in the replacement oven, and washed three loads of laundry. How does this keep feeling like luxury? I finally have a functional home. That's all it is.

The whole gang was here for D&D. The kids came over a little early to be able to throw the babies in the tub. Not sure the exact chain of events, but it appeared that a certain boy mashed raspberries into his sister's hair, and they weren't discovered until they had dried. Those children are so much fun, even when they are running around interfering with gameplay. I wonder how soon Valerie will be ready to roll up her first character.

No comments:

Post a Comment