Tuesday, December 19, 2023

With Both Feet

Inspirational song: Somebody's Watching Me (Rockwell)

That was disconcerting. I was just chilling out in the living room, as I am wont to do, and Saoirse started barking up a storm at the front window. I had my glasses up on top of my head, so I couldn't see what she was going on about, but she usually gets very jealous watching other dogs go by on walks. I assumed that was it, and told her to hush. She didn't. So while I was looking vaguely that direction, I saw the flash of a cell phone camera, pointed right at my window, from roughly where my lawn ends and the concrete begins--on the near side of the lawn. Then the person turned and walked back down the driveway and got into an SUV or van (personal car, not delivery company), and drove off. What the hell was that? We have a lot of Door Dash kinds of drivers start heading to our house, only to veer off when they see Google has led them to our house when they wanted the neighbors. This wasn't that. I don't know what was going on, but it has left me feeling uneasy for the last hour.

I had been feeling pretty good until then. Today it was my turn to sell the weekly raffle tickets at Rotary (we call it the fishbowl). I figured I would really lean in to the idea of talking to folks at every table as I walked around, and dressed up for Christmas. I have pure green velour overalls, that have detailing on them like a tin soldier. I wore a bright red and green ugly sweater that is covered in cat faces over top of the overalls, so it looked like I just had velvet pants. I had new Christmas socks, and I used a bit of silver and gold eye shadow for some extra sparkle. I intended to get a picture of it while at Rotary, but I never felt like asking someone to take it. Now I've ditched the sweater and I'm covered in cats. Too late for that picture. It was fun going full Elf though.

I think we have our Christmas plans coming into focus. We will have a dinner on Sunday night, with family and friends, and then chill out until Tuesday, when we will open gifts together. My daughter has to work part of Christmas day, so flexibility is key this year. We have something special in the works for that day anyway, so it makes the most sense.

I guess once Alfred decides I'm allowed to stand up again, I'll get a picture of something to put in here. Still wish I knew what the story was with the mystery photographer.

No comments:

Post a Comment