Sunday, December 24, 2023

Grandma's Day

Inspirational song: Christmas Wrapping (The Waitresses)

It's midnight as I begin typing. Merry Christmas, to all y'all.

I did my usual Christmas Eve dinner tonight. Son-in-law, grandkids, and two friends were here with us. The menu was less elaborate than Thanksgiving, the house was cleaner to start with, and several other factors contributed to it being a whole lot less stressful than last month. I mean, my back is still screaming at me tonight, but that is really the only screaming that happened. I think it was a good dinner. I know Valerie liked the homemade macaroni and cheese (I think we all did), and she really liked learning about ambrosia. I'm looking forward to having leftover ambrosia for breakfast.

I tried making gluten-free gingerbread cookies with a C-130 shaped cookie cutter for dessert. The dough was sticky and hard to remove from the cutter, and by the time it baked, the fancy military aircraft shapes looked more like a Fisher-Price toy airplane. I have been told I am required to make more of these cookies tomorrow, but I don't have to use the pain-in-the-butt cutter.

We closed out the night with several more rounds of Azul. And oh, have the mighty fallen. Not only did I not win a round, unlike yesterday, I came in dead last every time. Ah, well. It was still fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment