Saturday, December 30, 2023

Knotty

Inspirational song: See Me, Feel Me (The Who)

You know what I miss? Regular massages. I gave them up at the beginning of the year, and saved myself over $1500. But I also feel a lot more muscle stiffness and joint pain. I could probably throw myself in an Epsom salt bath more often to address that, but I just never seem to get myself all the way there. I should probably get at least one massage soon, but I would feel awkward going back to Massage Envy. I said my goodbyes, which felt permanent. And a non-member price seems excessive after what I paid all those years. At the same time, finding a new person is an uphill battle I'm not ready for. I don't know where to go with this. I guess I will just stretch really well and maybe take a muscle relaxer before bed and try to put it off a bit longer.

This is what I get from a day of kids running around my house. Delirious ramblings and wistful memories of people digging their knuckles into my soft tissues while I lie there and try to remember to breathe. I didn't actively chase the kids so much as I was just overwhelmed by their boisterous presence. I think my favorite part of the day was when Dmitri passed out against my shoulder, in a milk coma. He took his entire afternoon nap there, and I was "obligated" to stay still with my feet up so I didn't disturb him. I don't think I ever actually fell asleep too, but sitting still was nice.

Tomorrow will be busy. Gotta do some touchup cleaning so I go into the new year with a clean house. I also elected to do my black-eyed peas from dried this year, so I'll need to set up an overnight soak. And then we will go see the kids just after dark, so they can set off some tiny fireworks, like fountains and sparklers. Of all the places I could chose to spend my New Years Eve, I would be with those kids every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment