Friday, December 22, 2023

Foot Dragging

Inspirational song: If Tomorrow Never Comes (Garth Brooks)

Oh... oh, no... what have we done? 

Mr S-P and I were too tired to go to Costco this evening on our way back from Boulder, but we still need to go. Our dog and cat kibbles are store brands from there. We have to go before Christmas. But we have let ourselves run right up against the calendar, and now we have to go to Costco the day before Christmas Eve. We're doomed, Scrooge, doomed for all time. It's going to be awful. Even worse, I think I've run out of butter. I just hope Costco hasn't as well.

As bad as I expect it to be, I am not going to try to pick up the children early so they can come with us. We don't need that added stress. It's going to be bad enough when I have them here tomorrow, but their presents (and everyone else's) aren't wrapped yet. I have to figure out how to keep them from my bedroom, when I have trained them that that's the TV they get to use freely. Maybe I'll just give them my iPad, bring up Disney+, and tell them to go to town. Shoot, maybe they will finally break it the rest of the way, and I'll stop foot-dragging about replacing it.

We did have a valid reason for failing to go to the store this evening. We spent most of the day with two of his oldest friends from high school. We retrieved one from his parents' house in the mountains above Boulder, where he and his young adult daughters are staying for the holidays, and met the other in town at a restaurant. We left mid-morning, and didn't make it back home until after sunset. It was tiring doing all the driving, but worth it to keep up long-standing friendships. As far as I am concerned, that's one of the best parts of winter holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment