Saturday, December 2, 2023

Unfocused

Inspirational song: If It Makes You Happy (Sheryl Crow)

We tried twice to watch Santa Claus Is Coming to Town this afternoon. Both times we got fidgety around the song about being the first toy maker to the king. So what is that, the first or second song, depending on whether you count the intro? I was hoping they would be little couch potatoes, and leave grandpa alone to grade final papers ahead of the end of the semester. No joy. Or rather, too much joy, because they had to run and giggle and get into everything. If I'd thought about it, I would have seen this coming. Maybe by next Christmas, we will be interested in watching the whole thing. They just aren't into it right now.

I haven't really got any complete stories to tell today. None of us were very focused. We were as easily distracted as the littles were. I'm still seeing the world in tiny, disjointed snippets. Kind of like TikTok, but real life. I'll see how many cute photos I can come up with, and call it a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment