Saturday, December 9, 2023

Not Ready

Inspirational song: Silly Girl (Descendents)

There are so many little tasks that have to be done ahead of a vacation, and even more when it's in the lead-up to a major gift giving event. I wanted to use today to get totally caught up before we fly, but I let myself get even farther behind. Not my finest hour.

I ran an important errand out of town, which turned into a very pleasant visit and the making of a new friend. Okay, the friend was a gorgeous yellow lab who was made of snuggles, and now I want to steal her so I can have two big cuddle girls, but that's not the point. I still have to pack and prep the house, and I'm now tired from my drive. Too bad energy drinks have the opposite effect on me. I could use a boost right about now.

One of my important tasks before I go is to inspect and water all of my plants, so that they are in the best possible shape to survive a week without me. Our dog sitter told me straight up that she is clueless with plants, so I can't assume she would notice if one were crisping up. I started by carrying each plant to the sink, spraying off dust from the leaves, and watering thoroughly. I only made it through the three shelves on the Ikea unit and two of the four stand plants behind the couch that way. I'll have to water in place for the rest of them, to have a hope of getting everyone set for a week. Leaving is harder when you have over a hundred voiceless babies to be away from.

No comments:

Post a Comment