Monday, December 18, 2023

Words Are Hard

Inspirational song: Super Fly (Curtis Mayfield)

Enough breakthrough headaches have come along to make me wonder whether the botox is still working. The one today was strong enough to make it hard to be a functional adult. I tried to get stuff done, but after trips to two banks and phone calls that didn't quite accomplish what I needed, I stopped trying so hard. I went on my last errand, which was to buy milk now that we are home from Florida. Got that, plus a self-indulgent steak dinner for just me. And darn it, I waited long enough for the seasonal beverage. I got a half gallon of eggnog, which will probably last through New Years because I thin it with milk. 

Normally I read through and edit before adding photos and publishing. I don't think I will tonight. The headache is still there, and not only am I not enjoying looking at the screen, it feels more authentic to show you how hard it is to put words in order when I feel like this. I'm gonna let the text lie just where it is when it spilled out of my brain.

No comments:

Post a Comment