Friday, December 15, 2023

Wrap It Up

Inspirational song: Indiana Jones Theme (Raiders of the Lost Ark)

It's our last night. We have to get up early to clear our AirBNB before the next renters show up later tomorrow. We have all been having a fabulous time, but I think those little children need to be back in their familiar surroundings. We keep bonking things, scraping things, and worst of all, breaking things. I think they need their kid-safe living room and back yard. There is pent-up energy, and a lack of equilibrium, which are both contributing to the mishaps, I'm sure.

I hate to be leaving so soon after I finally got settled myself. I'm getting in a pattern, and it had just started working for me. The trip home will be long, but hopefully not quite as arduous as the one to get here. We didn't arrive at our final destination until after 2 am. We are heading back two time zones, so we ought to be home before midnight. I am ready to see my animals, so that's a bonus.

We made a special dinner tonight for my parents' anniversary. I made one of my specialties, a glazed pork roast recipe from a cookbook I got as a wedding present. It seemed fitting. 

I'm writing from the screened patio at our AirBNB. It's quarter to 11 as I write, and the air is lovely. There is barely a soft breeze, and the humidity is like an old friend. Winter just arrived back home, but it sure doesn't feel like it here. I'm not sure I could handle a Florida summer, but I wouldn't mind coming back here as a snowbird a few times. I wonder whether my folks would mind.


No comments:

Post a Comment