Thursday, December 7, 2023

Overnight

Inspirational song: Piano Man (Billy Joel)

I should focus less on words and more on my house tonight. We are having drama. So, in brief:

I went to the annual blanket-making party with my old brokerage. Boy, did I need the time with my old crew. That felt really good.

There is a party tonight in Boulder. My son-in-law is celebrating his birthday a little early, and they went to a local landmark pub for greasy fried food and karaoke. We were all going to go, and then we grandparents would come home with children. But I felt yucky and altered plans. We got kids here first, and now we expect to send grandpa down to sing karaoke once they're both asleep. Boy fell asleep quickly, and is out like a light. Girl forgot they were sleeping here, and was horrified. "No, I sleep at home!" She melted down for half an hour, and the video chat with her mommy just made her cry harder. In the last minute or two, grandpa has calmed her by reading a book. Thank goodness he has such a rapport with her.

Also, the piano has had so much junk stacked on it for so long, we never offered it to Dmitri to play. I cleared it and let him bang on it. The photo below shows the absolute joy he felt when he first got to sit at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment