Wednesday, March 13, 2024

Boom or Bust

Inspirational song: Waiting for the Sun (John Wesley)

Game night was a bust this week. Nobody was in the right headspace or health to get together. That's fine. I was one of the ones having a down day, and I was fine with staying quiet and watching a movie I'd seen 20 times on my iPad. Next week we can regroup and hope that everyone feels good enough to game.

I'm listening to a heavy rain pummeling my yard. Somewhere in the next hour it is supposed to flip to a big wet snow. It started abruptly this afternoon with a long bout of small hail. That was unexpected. Some people have been getting thunder and lightning out of this too. The main questions are when does the snow start, and how much will we get. The closer one gets to the mountains, the more massive this is expected to be. Out on my part of the county, we are used to getting far, far less snow out of these things, but we still should get some accumulation to play with.

Some places farther south have already made the switch. They were talking about snowflakes the size of apricots. As I type, the sound of the rain is changing. I should peek out to see whether it is now a wintry mix. I'm still not convinced we will see all that much snow. Every good storm this year has turned into a bust at the last minute, and we barely had a winter at all. I'm waiting, Mother Nature. Waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment